Thursday 10 July 2008

XXX Rated Funk


This morning I picked up two battered copies of this here 12" - a record I had never heard, or heard of before. Only 50p a piece so worth a shot. At best I was hoping for a nice Disco-Funk tune, maybe a break, but definitely wasn't ready for what I was about to hear. I suppose the warning on the label was a bit of a clue - 'RESTRICTED FROM AIRPLAY - X RATED'. And Madam Funkyfly is without doubt, one X-Rated b*tch. Millie Jackson's got nothing on this little hoe. 'The Crazy Mule Saloon' is a tale of, well, basically just down and dirty f*cking. Profanity, purely for the sake of it. Blowfly is obviously a big influence here with that loose, street rap delivery, set to a sleazy laid back Funk groove. You'll tire of this after one listen, maybe two depending on your sense of humour, but give it a go...it's pretty funny if you've got nothing better to do.

Madam Funkyfly 'The Crazy Mule Saloon' (1980 T.K. Disco 12")



No comments: